The mission’s objectives
The objective of the study is to inform the public decision-making about the effects climate changes will have on the Bouches-du-Rhône territory in the short term and at the 2030 and 2050 horizons, and then allows to anticipate and support the impacts of these changes. It fits into the CFEP approach of the institution. It aims to provide an initial overview on impacts, vulnerabilities and conceivable adaptation measures considering threats and opportunities related to climate change on the Bouches-du-Rhône territory.
Services provided by TEC
- Co-development of climate projections at local scale and analysis
- Study of impacts and socioeconomic and environmental vulnerabilities on the territory
- Proposal of adaptation lines
- Organization of a restitution workshop to obligees
Deliverables and results
- Report on territorial climate futures
- 9 thematic proposal papers on sectoral and environmental vulnerabilities to climate change impacts (agriculture, health, tourism, coast, town and country planning, energy, biodiversity, water resources etc.)
- A summary for broader public (15 pages)
- A web page for broader public with animated maps
In addition to the provision of technical indices, the client desired some communication tools for a broader audience. Annimated GIF maps helps non-specialist becoming more aware of the reality of climate change.
- Client Bouches-du-Rhône Regional Council
- Date 2011